Friday, September 5, 2014

FL STUDIO TUTORIAL ON MIXING INSTRUMENTS


FL STUDIO TUTORIAL ON MIXING INSTRUMENTS

Hey guys, I have been seeing some post in some blogs where people are really in need of tutorial on how to mix their instrumentals like drums and etc, so here I am today, helping with a simple tutorial. I know it’s going to help lot of people out there to make quality beats, as you all know that you can’t produce quality beats without good mixing, mixing is the most important step which you should pay lot of attention on. Even though the mixing is always different according to the type of beat you produce, you have to find a simple way in order to improve your mixing skills.
The first instrument that I’m going to show you about is Drums I know your beat might be sounding very well because you managed to create good melodies but without mixing the drums, your kicks will not be well balanced, ok first if you are about to make your drums sound more louder in volume don’t just adjust your mixing channel to 120db that can really ruin your kick sound, trust me, so that step can be easily done with the following effects Compression and Side chaining you may also want to cut off the bass frequencies, in order to cut off the bass frequencies I recommend you to use Parametric EQ or any Equalizer but you have to be more aware that it doesn’t get in the way with the sub range
Now let’s come to another instrument called Synths this is one of my favorite instrument that I always use when I am making beats, make sure that your synths don’t get in the way with the subs , so in order to do that you have to cut off the bass and also you may want to bring out texture so slightly boost so that the frequency will be higher
We are done now this is our last step; our last step is about mixing the Sub Bass I recommend this mixing to any type of bass, basses should be completely isolated, I usually let them only be heard from 0 to 200 Hz
Mixing is very simple as that guys, so guys you don’t have to struggle very much trying to figure out so many things on your own while I am here, as long as I am here all problems are solved.
That’s it for today guys if there is something which you didn’t manage to understand very well please just comment then I will be able to assist you.

No comments: